Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being Thankful


This year has been a blessed year
I know that I can try to say these things that I am so thankful for
But I am not even sure that I will be able to express myself
As well as I wish to

#1-first and foremost
I am thankful for my husband
His support and love help guide me daily
Without him I would definitely fail
You are my partner and I love you
Thank you for being you

#2-I am thankful for my daughters
Karen-your strength and your maturity has amazed me at moments over this past year
I know you don’t recognize all of these differences
But your smiling face tells a different story
I love you so much, even when you don’t see it, so don’t you ever forget it

Bethany-your intense spirit and independence constantly surprise me
I know how hard these first few months of school have been for you
I am so honored that you were open with me from the beginning
Together we made it work and seeing you laugh and happy again
Makes it all worth it
I love you so much and I trust you, and that is something I can’t even begin to explain

Lucy-after last school year’s horrible beginning, you struggled through
I am so proud of your perseverance in that situation
I think opening all our eyes to all the schools in this city
And having the time to look at them all
Is going to be a great experience
I know all you want in a school is friends and sports
And we will make that happen, and more
I love you and can’t believe my baby is growing up

#3-I am thankful for my parents
Nana & Grandfather
Your unwavering support during this past year and half, and longer
Was noticed in so many ways, even if we couldn’t always express ourselves
The girls know you are always on their sides, good or bad
And that is priceless and beyond worth
Joe and I know that you are there, no matter what
We both love you and care for you, and thank you for everything you have done

#4-I am thankful for my brother in law, sister in law, my only niece, and my special nephew 
Your continuous encouragement and attention has kept us going this year
Even if we felt we couldn’t make it
We can always count on you for beautiful flowers to celebrate the occasion
I love each of you and treasure your cooperation in this mess
I hope you see that and feel it

#5-similar to Lucyi at her candle lighting
I am thankful for myself
Somedays I prove myself wrong and can be strong when I felt weak
Sometimes I shock myself with what I can accomplish
And when there are days that I just want to hide under the covers
I do know you are there if I need you
Sometimes I just don’t know how to ask
So
Thank you for helping me, giving me the words when I can’t say them myself
And knowing I will come around when it is time


No comments:

Post a Comment